Monday, December 08, 2008

ArkGeo December Eat-N-Greet: Fayetteville

Have I ever said that I love geocaching events? If not, I am going to tell you now: "I love geocaching events".  

It doesn't matter what kind or what size I always enjoy going to an event and spending time with geocachers.

On Monday, December 1st, 2008 I attended the ArkGeo December Eat-N-Greet: NW Fayetteville (GC1HVN1) at the Golden Corral restaurant in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Currently I am a board member for the Arkansas Geocachers Association and one of my duties was to host a couple of "Eat-N-Greets" in the Northwest section of Arkansas.  This event was the first of those two events.

It was a cool night, but there were a good number of cachers in attendance.  I noticed that most of those in attendance I had actually met at least once.  There were a couple that I was meeting for the very first time.

I also had the chance to see a friend that is originally from Paris but leaving in northwest Arkansas.  It was great to see him there, and to see him there with a friend who cached back when geocaching first started, but has not cached in about 6 years.  It was great to hear that attending the event had once again inspired him to geocache.

When the event was over I immediately began thinking about when I would get to attend another event.  

I enjoy events so much that I have even created a "Bookmark List" on Geocaching.com of the geocaching events that have been held in Arkansas.

Here is a link to the list: Arkansas Events Past and Present

No comments: