Monday, November 03, 2008

Geocaching Podcasts


Last week I discovered podcasting.  Not that I had not heard of it before, or did not know what it was, but I finally listened to one.  The first podcast I listened to was, Pocacher, a geocaching podcast by Sonny and Sandy in San Diego.  It was Show #189.0 "Amtrekkers Final Cache".

Podcasting is being able to listen (audio) or watching (video) a show that can be downloaded to an mp3 player or iPod or can also be listened to or viewed on a computer.  The geocaching podcasts are free!

I don't have an iPod, and I rarely have time to listen to my mp3 player.  I do have a CD player in my vehicle and I downloaded the podcast and burned it to a CD to be listened to in my vehicle.  

I will definately be downloading more episodes.

I am also going to look at some other shows.  There are many, but here are the three I plan to listen to: Podcacher.com, Cachers of the Round Table, and Cache-A-Maniacs.

I even sent an e-mail to Sonny and Sandy at Podcacher.com about listening to my first Podcacher podcast and about a recent milestone and it made the show!  I was also excited to hear Tim Stone (BSA534) call in his 1000th find to the show.

If you have not checked out geocaching podcast yet click on the links and give them a listen.




No comments: