Monday, November 17, 2008

Geocaching Event: Van Buren Breakfast


I love geocaching and I love events.  I love meeting other cachers that I have and have not seen before.

On Saturday, November 15th, 2008 I was able to attend the Van Buren Breakfast Eat-N-Greet Event (GC1H7JJ) hosted by geniegill at the Western Sizzlin in Van Buren, Arkansas.

I was not originally going to be able to go to the event, but after already having plans on visiting family in Van Buren and deciding to travel there the night before to attend a birthday party for one of our son's friends at Chuck-E-Cheese in Fort Smith the night before I was able to make it.

I pulled in right behind bluesybreeze and saw cfd29 unloading from their cachemobile.  We all stopped to look at another cachemobile in the parking lot that had a VERY LARGE travel bug decal and tracking number on the back of it.  It was the 4 Rosa B Travel Bug (TB123NM).  We have one of them on our cachemobile, but it is not on this scale.  I knew right away that it probably was the vehicle being driven by RosaBella that I had seen posting in the area lately, and it was.  It was great to meet him at the event.

geniegill and jaygill were great hosts and fun was had by all.  I have to say that the drawing for the door prizes will go down in history as the "most rigged drawing" ever held.  It was very funny.

The food and fellowship was great.  

I have been to several conferences for one thing or another in my life and I always say that I learn more from talking with everyone at the conference than I learn from the sessions at the conferences.  I feel the same way about geocaching events.  I learn so much from fellow cachers by talking with them at events.

It was cold the day of the event, but after the event I did go grab a few local caches before heading back to be with the family for the rest of the day.  

Once again, I can't wait until the next event.

NOTE: The photo used for this post was taken by bluesybreeze at the event and posted on the event listhing on Geocaching.com.


No comments: