Monday, November 19, 2007

Our 100th find...


In November 2006 the entire family went on a trip to Dallas, Texas. The trip was to celebrate the kids' birthdays. We were going to take them to see Hannah Montana in Concert.

On our way to Dallas we did some geocaching along the way. We found the first caches we had found outside of Arkansas.

We traveled down 31 in Oklahoma and were getting some caches as we approached McAlester, OK.

I was turning onto a road where my GPSr was pointing toward a cache ( GCZ0T0 Catfish Cache) and noticed that another vehicle coming from the other direction was pulling in also.

My mobile phone rang at about that time and I was paying more attention to my phone call than those would be "muggles" that pulled in and were following me.

I finally just pulled over and finished my call real fast.

I noticed that the truck that pulled in just stopped behind me.

I was about to wave those muggles (what geocachers call non-cachers) on by hoping they would move along and I would get out and look for the cache.

I was looking in my rearview mirror when I noticed that the front license plate appeared to say "Whitson Morgan" from Clarksville. I took a closer look as the vehicle began to pull by and it was none other than rklmbl!

We had a good laugh about what one was thinking about the other as we both showed up near the cache at the same time. It was really great that we were both in another state and a ways from home when we ran into each other.

We went and found the cache together and had a nice talk then went on our way. rklmbl went the way we had came and we went the way they had came. We found a couple of more caches that I noticed that they had signed just before us.

rklmbl was some of the first geocachers that my wife and I had the chance to meet and this really added to the geocaching experience.

We continued on to Dallas and the next day we headed toward the arena where the Hannah Montana concert would be held. We also went to find a couple of "Virtual" caches. Virtual cache exists in the form of a location. There will not be a cache container to find. There may be some type of question or code word to e-mail to the owner of the virtual cache to verify and log your find online.

We were approaching 100 finds and we made the virtual cache (GC755C) Rush Hour our 100th find. It was located in a really great park area near the arena. We all enjoyed looking around at the interesting metal statues. I had seen Pioneer Park shown coming back from commercials during Dallas Cowboy football games, but had never been there. We took some photos (including the one at the top of this post) and then headed off to see Hannah.

paris1time

No comments: